Sunday, June 13, 2010

Thongs

This picture has two stories behind it. First I bought them when I was with my friends Tony and Sammi at the mall in Mansfield. We don't get together that often so whenever I get to see them it's a special day. They are memory foam flip flops, so they are soooo comfy!

That brings me to the second part of this story. Several years back my mom started wearing flip flops more and more, and she found some that had the memory foam inside too, so she loves them - lives in them. (We always have to retell this because it is so hilarious.) She was helping my sister and brother-in-law move and she was hopping in and out of the back of a pick-up truck. At some point she fell and someone asked what happened and her response was, "I got my thong caught on the edge of the tailgate and ended up sprawled out in the back of the pick-up!" Now my sister knew what she meant -mom has always called flip-flops thongs (maybe she lived before they'd invented underwear that went up your butt), but her husband had a completely different mental picture of the situation upon hearing she'd caught her thong on the tailgate... and each time we tell this story to new and unsuspecting relatives the looks on their faces - it's just priceless!

So here's to things (or flip-flops) and how comfy the memory foam kind can be. Now let's just hope they don't land us in any compromising positions.

No comments:

Post a Comment