Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Today's a sad day

Today my friend Meg leaves for Arizona for the summer. She assures me she'll be back, but the "for sale" sign in front of her house haunts me. I will try not to think about it so much. She said I could stop by and sit on the porch with her and drink a cup of coffee before she left this morning, but she was going awfully early, even earlier than I could get there.

As I approached her exit on my way to class this was the cloud I saw looming - I guess the sky felt the same way I did about her leaving.
And then there was breakfast... Yesterday was Starbucks today will be Panara. And of course I could just get a coffee, but why skip all the lovely yummy possibilities for breakfast foods? So I decided on a "new release" - the ham and swiss quiche (more yummy than I can explain) and an iced chai latte. Is this the most perfect breakfast or what?

I wanted to stop at Meg's on the way home - to walk through the empty house and check on Merlin, but I resisted. She only left this morning, things are fine, I'd only make myself sad.

When I got home from class this is what I found! I have some ripe tomatoes, these are the first of the season. This is the symbol of summer, and getting to pluck them off and bring them in made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment